Miss S - A Tribute

January 2020

"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." - Michael Landon

This past spring, I got a call with some exceptionally sad new - one of my longtime clients and favorite faces had passed away due to a brain aneurysm. I was numb hearing this from her boyfriend, Will, and just so heartbroken; not only that I would never get to work with this amazing woman again, but especially for her family and loved ones who lost such a bright light so soon. I asked Will if he would share some words about the amazing Miss S (Sarah) as he got a chance to see a little further into her love of boudoir than most. 

"What can I say about Sarah’s love for boudoir? Honestly, at first, I had a hard time finding words that were as impactful as her experiences doing photo shoots. My Sarah was the most complex, wonderful, intricate, and amazing human that I have known. How she ended up picking this dorky, flawed, introvert of a man as her person I will never know, but I am eternally grateful that she did.

When Sarah told me that she wanted to a boudoir photo session I have to admit I had some initial reservations, I was intrigued, but also skeptical. That quickly disappeared when I saw how the experience empowered her to feel good about herself. I saw the confidence on her face, both in her pictures and in person, that overseeing her own self-image brought her.

Proud, strong, in control, a not least of all absolutely gorgeous. All things that Sarah felt when she stepped in front of the camera lens. I am so happy that she found it as an outlet for her creativity, and I am grateful that she eventually convinced be to do a couples shoot with her. Because just like everything else in life she wanted me to be a part of her adventures.

Thank you, Jenna, for making her feel so strong, and beautiful, and capable of anything. Thank you for capturing her ferocious spirit. Sarah approached all things in life that way, ferociously, nothing was done timidly or with half a heart. Most especially….loving.

Per tutta questa vita, e per qualunque cosa verrĂ  dopo, Sarah, ti amo"

William

These images are Will's favorite from his session with Sarah back in 2018. It was my first couple's session and I remember Sarah told me Will was VERY unsure about it, but then left saying he loved it. I'm so glad they got to do something like this! It was amazing!

The following images are from a "live" session Sarah helped me with in January 2020. It was sadly her last studio session, though I did see her again for beach boudoir in the summer. Rest easy, Sarah. You did a lot more in your short life than some people ever get to do, and though we all will miss you very much, you definitely were a huge source of inspiration for so many!












Comments

Popular Posts