Miss J

 March 2019

"The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence."

How could I resist a chance to do a boudoir shoot in Florida when we went to visit my in-laws? One highlight of my trip was getting to see Miss J, a friend and sister of one of my besties from college. She had been commenting on my socials for years how she wished I'd come down to Florida as she'd love to do a shoot. Wish granted, Miss J! I made it to her state but she went the distance as well, since she drove all the way from Fort Lauderdale (that's a LONG trip, by the way!) to meet me for her session. I don't think either of us were disappointed!

I also had the opportunity to meet Morgan King of Gloss and Glow Beauty Co. who did Miss J's makeup and hair for the shoot. She was a blast and had us all enjoying ourselves long before the session even started.

When it was finally time to get shooting, I know Miss J was a little bit nervous. However, she hid it well and exuded confidence from the jump. It's important to note that almost EVERYONE is nervous about their first boudoir session. I get it, I've been there myself! But reminding yourself that you are a GODDESS and that you will do an amazing job before you even start is a great way to go as confidence really is your best friend when it comes to boudoir! Feel it and it'll show, I promise!

Miss J's session ended up being one of my favorites from 2019, and was a great opportunity to shoot in a more low-key lighting situation. I've been working on the darker images and this definitely helped me get some more of that into my work. And we got one of my favorite silhouette shots of the year. BONUS!

She loved her session so much that she came back for more in 2020, but that's a story for another day :)






































Comments

Popular Posts